Saturday 8 November 2014

To Dance and Be Dance...






By Soultari Amin Farid
noramin_dd@yahoo.com


All this reminiscing about dancing on stage again, made me recall that moment when I uttered these fine words: "I am hanging my dancing shoes".

Haha, well probably those shoes should remain hung in that closet for many years to come because my dance doesn't require shoes! - bad joke.

Yes, yes it is just an expression to assert one's desire to stop dancing. But when I said that a few years ago, I was probably not thinking right. Till today, even if I tried, I can't. Because for me, to dance is to be free.

Free from the chains that stops me from expressing my true self. The only way I am capable of being fully honest to myself and the people around witnessing the spectacle as it unfolds.

The finest moment when I lose control of myself and I allow the dance to take its natural course. Yes, that ecstasy I am talking about.

Probably one day, this body shall cease to move the way I am able to do now. And maybe I will never be able to reproduce that same feeling of liberation once my limbs chooses to fail me

but at the very least, I am able to say that I know how it felt to be free...

I know how it felt to ... "be dance".

No comments:

Post a Comment