Thursday 1 January 2015

Two Thousand Fifteen






By Soultari Amin Farid

noramin_dd@yahoo.com


Truly recent tragedies in the world has somewhat obstructed me from writing a joyful year end message because this backpacking journey around some cities of West Europe has brought me more reflections about life than the pictures I am posing for.

Every city I've been to in this escapade has given me many lessons about our collective human experience, let alone the volumes of history, human's desire to conquer savage lands, acquire materials, exert control only to be "colonise" yet again by the colonised.

But what I found even more intriguing is human's desire to survive regardless harsh circumstances: be it peasants surviving a gruelling dictatorship or kings/queens/noblemen desire to "survive" in history books through overt display of finest statues and monuments.

What is it about this lifetime that makes us so desire to survive? Is death truly the end?

As I continue to indulge in this question about life after death, I encourage my friends, family and students to have a good reflection about their lives and appreciate the goodness that has been bestowed upon us, embrace our faults and continue to develop ourselves in becoming better individuals.

May the year ahead offer us greater prospectives on our lives and understand our role as humans to fellow humans. Restore faith in humanity.

Happy New Year :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment