Wednesday 26 November 2014

Poetry (2): Greeting Eiffel, My Friend



By Soultari Amin Farid
noramin_dd@yahoo.com



Greeting Eiffel, My Friend.
You are my earliest memory.
Of a moment when it felt like a dream.
I must have been a third of current height,

When I saw you looming before me, like a huge giant.


I never knew what was your worth, then.
Or your exuding historicity.
But at that height, you were the symbol of what is to come,
That desire to explore the world.

Now thrice my former height,
24 years later, looking at you.
you loom before me, as a symbol of my little struggle,
To show that little dreams do come true.

So I greet you Eiffel,
with a smile so broad,
greeting my long lost friend,
I met a quarter century ago.

- Soultari Amin Farid 
15/11/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment