Sunday 14 September 2014

Inevitable This Business of Death






By Soultari Amin Farid
noramin_dd@yahoo.com


I guess it is inevitable this "business" of death.

Two foreign souls are joined in mourning despite not knowing the deceased. Why?

The experience of losing a loved one is universal - even when circumstances are different.

That instant moment of recognising grief. That infinitesimal moment when your are connected with the griever. 

Empathy, to be in the shoes of the bereaved. 

“Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.

I know you a little more through this loss. I am without any grandparents too. 14 years ago, I bid farewell to my sole-living grandparent. I was very close to her. It was hard but it made me stronger.

Mummy said during my degree graduation in Australia, 3 years ago that nenek (grandma) will be very proud of me for being the first in my extended maternal family to attain a degree.

Stay strong, dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment